This is from NVA.org email that I received today:
Dear NVA Friend,
Producers at The Oprah Winfrey Show are working on a possible upcoming show on vulvodynia.
If you are a single woman in your 20s or 30s who is worried that you may not be able to get married or have children in the future because of your vulvodynia and/or a non-Caucasian women of any age who is willing to be on the show, as soon as possible, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
– Summary of your history with vulvodynia, i.e., When were you diagnosed? How many doctors did you visit before receiving a correct diagnosis? Have any treatments helped you? Is your vulvodynia better, worse or the same?
– How has vulvodynia affected your ability to pursue a career and/or engage in social activities? How has vulvodynia affected your sex life, marriage or relationships?
– Contact information – phone number and email address
– Current photo (attachment)
– Statement that you give NVA permission to forward your contact information to producers at The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Please try to limit your summary to 1-2 paragraphs.
Thanks very much,
Associate Executive Director
National Vulvodynia Association
PO Box 4491
Silver Spring, MD 20914